A story page is used to publish a news story or article.
It has several properties which are designed for this purpose.
- Each story has a Publication date.
- Each story can be attributed to one or more authors.
- Each story can be assigned to a Main channel and one or more Other channels.
- Additional Keywords can be entered for more emphasis.
- The Promote this post and Sticky at top of lists checkboxes can be used to fine-tune when stories appear and the order in which they appear.
Most of these properties are self-explanatory.
Stories are organised into channels. Each story can be assigned to any number of channels, with one channel being designated as the main, or most important, channel.
The difference between the treatment of the Main channel and Other channels is as follows:
A story appears in the listings of all of its channels ie. the main channel and other channels.
When a story is displayed in fulltext, the breadcrumb shows the Main channel as the 'parent' channel.
Promote this post
This checkbox can be used to fine-tune whether a story appears in a channel widget. For more information, please see [link: Channel widgets].
Sticky at top of lists
This checkbox can be used to fine-tune the order in which stories appear in a channel widget. For more information, please see [link: Channel widgets].